Flutter By

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Independence Day

This has become one of my favorite holidays over the last few years. I think it took me having kids to truly appreciate the value of freedom. Every parent wishes only the very best for their children, and it's scary to think of how different their lives would be if we didn't have our freedom. I'm grateful that we live in America - the land of the FREE, and the home of the BRAVE!


... And this was Noah's picture-taking limit for the day.

* Miss Independence *


Emma, please don't fall in the water! (behind her)



I thought of this hair clip combo last year, and wanted to do it again this year because I love it so much. Cute, right?

Proud to be American!


TOTAL STUD!

Carter still hasn't mastered the holding his own head up thing, lol.

We think it's so precious that he does this when he's sleeping. And it is such a "third child" thing to do! He's probably thinking, "Can't a little guy get any sleep around here?!"

My brother, Robby with Carter.

I already thought this shirt was hilarious, but his chubby little cheeks along with that solemn look just complete it!

Noah enjoyed the sparklers. So did Emma ... but through the window. I don't know why she is so afraid of everything! Fireworks, thunderstorms, having her bedroom door closed when she's sleeping (even with the lamp on!), being alone ... the list goes on!

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!

No comments: